- The eTA is required only for those entering Canada by air. Overland travel from the USA and entry by sea are exempt.
- This new entry requirement is not mandatory until 10 Novemberr 2016 however, you can go online now and apply for your eTA.
- People are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure they have pre-clearance to enter Canada.
- A fee of CAD$7 is payable for processing an application for an electronic travel authorisation.
- You cannot pay by debit card
- The process for application will be the same as the ESTA - due to privacy legislation customers must complete this themselves and the parents / guardians for any travelling children or infants.
- The eTA is not a visa. People who require a visa to enter Canada will still need to apply for the appropriate entry visa.
- An electronic travel authorisation is valid for a period of five years from the day on which it is issued to the applicant or until the earliest of the following days, if they occur before the end of that period:
FCM’s parent company, Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has moved to increase its leisure and corporate travel market-share in New Zealand with the acquisition of two leading businesses: Executive...